BPE was formed in 1997 as an independent Process Engineering Consultancy serving the pharmaceutical and fine chemical industries. Since that time, we have grown year on year, with our success based upon strong partnerships with clients in the UK and Europe. In 2020, BPE was acquired by OLG, making us part of a larger engineering group and also enabling us to supply into other sectors, including Oil & Gas and Petrochemicals. Following a group rebrand in 2021, we are now operating under the name of OLG Consulting (OLGC).
We continue to be ‘Process Led’, and we offer a comprehensive range of Process Engineering Design expertise and experience, with integrated support for Process Safety, Project and Construction Management, 3D Piping Design and Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation. Most of our team are Chartered Chemical Engineers, and we excel on the challenging projects that require a real depth of knowledge around all of the core Unit Operations, and in particular Reaction, Filtration, Mixing / Blending and Drying.
OLG Consulting are currently hiring a Project Engineer / Manager. Reporting to the Projects Director, the role will be responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of projects in the fast paced, technically challenging environment of process consultancy.
You will be expected to orchestrate the multi-discipline cross functional teams to deliver the agreed scope within time, cost and quality constraints. You will be responsible for pro-active management of change and nurturing relationships with our clients built on trust and keeping OLGC senior management informed of issues and risks as well as generating project and board reports.
You should be a confident communicator and problem solver who can escalate issues when necessary to ensure successful project delivery.
This is a key position in the company providing the relationship link within the project team(s), to the OLGC senior management and also externally to OLGC clients, therefore good communication skills are essential.
- Engineering degree recognised by an Institution. Ideally a Chartered Engineer – or working towards such.
- Project Management qualified, APM, Prince 2, PMI or equivalent – or working towards such.
- Understanding of the works to be delivered by the individual disciplines within a project such that they can plan work to achieve the project goals.
- Typically, 5-10 years experience, ideally within a design office or a consultancy company, either in a project role or process role but looking for the opportunity to make their career mark in a project engineering / management role.
- A good understanding of change management with a demonstrable track record of successful implementation would be advantageous.
- Good subject knowledge of chemical / biochemical process plants. Ability to liaise on a technical level with the OLGC and client teams.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company, report writing and other written work to be completed appropriately.
- Experience of operations & projects within a GMP environment would be beneficial.
- Proficient in MS Office suite including, MS Project, Excel and Word.
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who motivates others and pays strict attention to detail.
- A competent, highly organised individual, able to multi-task and prioritise their work to deliver to schedule.
- Team player, personable and able to build relationships quickly, ability to communicate both inside and outside of the project team environment.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook.
- Well presented, business-like, reliable, tolerant and determined to succeed.
- Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability.
- The individual is to recognise that delivery of work to time, budget and quality is essential for the profitability of the company. Also, the individual is to be aware that Client interaction has a positive impact on the award of future work to the company.
- Self-awareness, conscious of personal levels of competence, with the ability to identify and call upon additional resources when these are exceeded.
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
- Good written and spoken English.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel for up to a few days a month within the UK.
- Competitive Salary
- Agile working scheme in place
- 23 days holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Plan
- Car parking and cycling facilities